When life hands you dirt, plant seeds.
I came across that quote as I was Googling Gardening for Beginners (plants have never been my forte … but I’m curious to learn more!)
As I read the quote … I thought of you … because lately we business owners have been handed a big pile of dirt.
There are two ways to look at the pile, as a mess or as fertile ground.
When you see the pile as a mess in front of you … your reaction may be to walk away and deal with it another day.
If you see the pile of dirt as fertile ground, you feel eager to roll up your sleeves and start planting seeds.
The thing about being a gardener (or business owner) is patience.
Those seeds won’t spring up overnight and turn into a giant beanstalk leading to a pot of gold.
It takes time and lots of patience.
So here are some seeds I’ve planted that may inspire you …
- Develop relationships – connecting with others and not because it will lead to something for you … but for the purity of nurturing meaningful connections.
- Create repeatable systems in your business … because you know streamlining how things get done will save you time, money and energy in the future.
- Define the essence of your business … its vision and mission so you can move forward with clarity and purpose.
- Acknowledge who you truly want to work with … who do you want to be a hero to?
- How do you want help? What is your signature service offering that will make the biggest impact in your corner of the world?
So, my friend the decision is yours.
How will you start getting dirty in your business?