Remember the excitement you felt when you launched your business? Each day was exciting and new.
You were happily working with your ideal clients … doing the work you loved … and your business flourished.
But then something happened to stamp out the spark that used to burn so brightly.
For me, it crept up quietly, yet deliberately. I didn’t even know the passion was leaking out of me until one day I woke up and felt empty.
In that moment, I didn’t jump out of bed anxiously anticipating the workday. Instead, I pulled the covers over my head and tried to hide. It was then I knew I had burnt out of my web consulting business.
Have you ever felt this way?
To an outsider it looks like it’s smooth sailing.
But on the inside …
You feel paralyzed and unsure of what the next step should be to get you back on track.
This I know …
When you’re able to push past overwhelm, you feel calm, confident and clear.
And that’s exactly the mindset you need to successfully run your business … instead of your business running you.
In this video, I share with you five questions to ask yourself to put you back in control of your business.
Who do I need in my business so I can offload tasks?
- You’re at a point in your solo business where you can’t do it all alone.
- You’ve reached a pivotal point where you’ve hit capacity.
- There are only so many hours in a day, and there’s only so much of you to go around.
- If you want to increase your income and impact, it’s time to build your outsourced team.
What do I want to get off my plate?
- What tasks grind you down and deplete your energy?
- Typically, these tend to be the things that are not revenue generating. Things like scheduling meetings, bookkeeping and on-boarding new clients.
- A question I advise my clients to always ask themselves when going about their day is this:
- Does what I’m doing in this moment require my unique brilliance? If the answer is no, this can be delegated.
Where will I find a conference or retreat that fuels me?
- It’s time to step away from the computer and connect with other humans.
- You may be feeling underwhelmed with the day-to-day.
- Find a place that inspires you and opens the paths of creativity.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people who have unplugged from their business to recharge their mojo.
When will I go on vacation?
- Stop laughing. I’m serious.
- Taking a vacation is a necessity (not a luxury) for every solopreneur.
- Recharging, refuelling and restoring your energy is best done when you step out of your business and into the world.
- Getting away from it all is a proven productivity booster.
Why do I want to be in business?
- Connecting with your passion, your reason for being in business, your WHY is paramount for grounding you and battling burnout.
- Your WHY is what gets you out of bed each day and keeps you moving forward.
- Think about your WHY.
- Write it down and put it somewhere you can see it, every day.
- It will guide you back on track when you feel disconnected from your purpose.
What do you do when you’re feeling stressed by your business? Let me know in the comments section below and we’ll continue the conversation.